Sender:Bostjan Burger
Date/Time:2012-Jul-13 06:38:00
Subject:Re: It's the next best thing to being there!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: It's the next best thing to being there! Bostjan Burger 2012-Jul-13 06:38:00
Indeed... we all the time talk about panoramas - the most frequent use was "pano" as Virtual Reality Panorama it too long to type all the time. That was on forums and the professional exchange of ideas and we understand each other. The problem appears when we want to be more specific... like the contraction or academic paper. Do they need a printed image or a prepared projection on the display? Is a cabinet image research made from printed image-panorama or its projection on the display which gives the visual effect as to being there? Surround photography even don't need to have a source with the panorama but are projected from a "per partes" photography which are projected "live".
Panorama is just ok for "vox populi"... but we have to consider that not every panorama is "panorama".

Bostjan