Sender:Harald Walker
Date/Time:2004-Sep-25 20:15:00
Subject:Re: Progress Report/Preview

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Progress Report/Preview Harald Walker 2004-Sep-25 20:15:00
Hello Hans,

the barrel distortion, which you mention on your page might be the
problem. Whatever lens parameter I try in PhotoVista (22 - 26mm), it
does not work 100% wel (the errors are small but with objects like these
bridges I still takes a lot of time to fix them). The S2pro has a factor
of 1.5 (in contrast to the 1.6 of your Canon), so 22.5mm should be
correct (not possible in PhotoVista). 24mm seems to work the best. What
do you use? Photovista sometimes shows a strange behavior with different
values. The preview stitches fine and looks good but the final stitch is
then not even able to stitch some individual images at all. There does
not seem to be any connection between preview and final stitch.

I have used the Manfrotto 303 panorama head (with 2 very unreliable
bubble levels) but will check on the horizon. Getting the camera mounted
in the right 90 degree angle is not that easy. Messed up a Panorama in
Ghent (Belgium) because it was aimed slightly upwards.

Regards,

Harald