Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2004-Sep-30 03:31:00
Subject:Re: Cube face size

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Cube face size Robert C. Fisher 2004-Sep-30 03:31:00
On Sep 29, 2004, at 8:20 PM, Roger Howard wrote:

> What are folks using for typical cube face sizes? My standard is 2000
> pixels for large panos, 1200 for the small version. I'm thinking I can
> get away with much less on both.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> roger howard

I use 1000 for small panos and 1500 for larger and full screen. I spend
a few nights messing around with all sorts of cube face sizes (and
compression) and ended up with these numbers. These seem to be the
minimum for good detail, smaller and the detail suffers.

I think I asked a similar question on the QT mailist and got something
like 800 for small and 1200 for larger but these just didn't work for
me. The detail just didn't hold up.

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher
QTVR Photography/Cinematography