Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2004-Sep-30 12:32:00
Subject:Re: Cube face size

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Cube face size Markus Altendorff 2004-Sep-30 12:32:00
Mickael Therer said:

> Also I've been wodering why when I feed Cubic Converter
> with a 6000k long tiff it turns up 1908px faces
> (these would add up to a 7632px file) any thoughts
> on that one ?

That's one of these mathematical things:
The tiff describes a sphere, and if you put a sphere inside a cube, its
circumference is smaller than the circumference of the cube - or, simpler said, the
1908 px are the 1500 px projected from a curve to a straight line. (like in those
diagrams explaining why a cylindrical panorama can't show all the ceiling and floor)

-Markus