Sender:liz_golf
Date/Time:2004-Sep-30 04:20:00
Subject:Re: Is my pano banding?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Is my pano banding? liz_golf 2004-Sep-30 04:20:00
Thanks for checking John - also Robert - I am sure you are both
correct.  I was
thinking resolution not colors...funny though, it seems to band only
on the full screen
and not the regular size pano.
Thanks for your nice comment, that scene really was very pretty.  My
original idea
was to photograph a covered bridge in CT but I happened to be playing
a round there
the Tuesday before the shoot and the whole scene just turned my head.
 As I said,  it
couldn't have worked out better, I was very lucky.

liz

--- In #removed#, John Mitchener <#removed#> wrote:
> Checked on WinXp on Viewsonic CRT: no problem. You might want to
check
> the display settings on the machine. If it is set to some low
number of
> colors, like 256 banding will be a problem.
>
> Gorgeous pano, BTW.
>
> Regards,
> John Mitchener
>
> On Sep 29, 2004, at 5:58 PM, liz_golf wrote:
>
> > Greetings everyone,
> >
> > I so enjoyed everything about the intitial WWP in the spring and
was
> > hoping to  join
> > you for the second one in June but circumstances did not permit
me.
> > This time around I made up for it - what luck I had.  Perfect
> > weather, no traffic, no
> > interferences whatsoever.  Well, I finished my project and have
> > submitted, it is not up
> > yet because Landis is away, and I am looking forward to seeing it
> > displayed.  I do have
> > it displayed online on another site and it looks fine on my mac at
> > home.  The pc at
> > work on explorer  however shows banding on the full screen
version.
> > It is an lcd
> > display.  Full quality is enabled in the movie- could I ask a
favor
> > of some of you to
> > check this out?  Does anyone else see any banding?  It is here:
> >  http://homepage.mac.com/emgentile/pans/gc1/gc1.html
> >
> > I have tried to replicate the full screen version as closely as
> > possible to what Landis
> > has set up.
> >
> > Looking at all the different bridges has been a fascinating
> > experience - so many
> > wonderful vr's.  Great work everyone!  And thanks to Don and
Landis