Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2004-Sep-30 03:14:00
Subject:Re: Is my pano banding?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Is my pano banding? Robert C. Fisher 2004-Sep-30 03:14:00
Checked on my machine G4/733 with Viewsonic LCD screen no banding.
Maybe the display card on the PC was set to thousands of colors instead
of millions or 24bit color. If the machiine isn't used for graffics
then there would be no reason to have the display set for higher
quality.

On Sep 29, 2004, at 4:58 PM, liz_golf wrote:

> Greetings everyone,
>
> I so enjoyed everything about the intitial WWP in the spring and was
> hoping to  join
> you for the second one in June but circumstances did not permit me.
> This time around I made up for it - what luck I had.  Perfect
> weather, no traffic, no
> interferences whatsoever.  Well, I finished my project and have
> submitted, it is not up
> yet because Landis is away, and I am looking forward to seeing it
> displayed.  I do have
> it displayed online on another site and it looks fine on my mac at
> home.  The pc at
> work on explorer  however shows banding on the full screen version.
> It is an lcd
> display.  Full quality is enabled in the movie- could I ask a favor
> of some of you to
> check this out?  Does anyone else see any banding?  It is here:
>  http://homepage.mac.com/emgentile/pans/gc1/gc1.html
>
> I have tried to replicate the full screen version as closely as
> possible to what Landis
> has set up.
>
> Looking at all the different bridges has been a fascinating
> experience - so many
> wonderful vr's.  Great work everyone!  And thanks to Don and Landis
> and all who put
> this together as well.
> Thank you in advance for your helpful feedback.
>
> Liz

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher
QTVR Photography/Cinematography