Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2004-Mar-06 15:24:00
Subject:Re: GPS?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: GPS? G. Donald Bain 2004-Mar-06 15:24:00
I gave MultiMap a try. Shows promise, but has some problems.

I kept getting "mapclient fail mercator" instead of a map at certain zoom levels.
Looked like maybe they were missing the base map for for that scale.

The coordinate information is really tiny, and in gray type - I had trouble reading it.
Of course most of their users don't care about coordinates.

Coordinates were given first as meters, presumably UTM easting and northing, then
as degrees/minutes/seconds with degrees.deceimal degrees in parentheses. But not
the one I find most useful - degrees/minutes.decimal minutes.

Maps were typical of GIS maps, inelegant but functional.