Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2004-Oct-06 17:14:00
Subject:Re: Coordinates

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Coordinates Landis 2004-Oct-06 17:14:00
>Its a shame that the map isn't intergrated into the wwp pages, but
>the maps are provided for free so you can't have everything. As for
>a something provided for free, the links are fine with me.

Well, we're not quite done yet.  I'm going to give it another day for
coordinate corrections to filter in and then send these on to Markus.
Between his map index and MultiMap we'll have a darn good geographic
layout.

I'm seriously considering replacing the coordinates on your
individual pages with this multimap coordinates and link.

Are there any objections to this?

For people who are concerned about their location, just give me less
precise coordinates.  This solution will work best for all of us.

-Landis

--
For reference, and without getting too technical:

1 degree accuracy is < 60 nm = 69 mi = 111 km
1 minute accuracy is < 1 nm = 1.15 mi = 1.85 km
1 second accuracy is < 101 ft = 31 meters