Sender:Uri cogan
Date/Time:2005-Mar-31 06:56:00
Subject:Re: Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye lens: Does anybody use it?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye lens: Does anybody use it? Uri cogan 2005-Mar-31 06:56:00
>       There has been considerable traffic about the Sigma 8 mm lens
>but essentially none concerning the Nikkor equivalent (Nikkor 10.5 mm
>fisheye).

I started off with a sigma 8mm and moved to the Nikon 10.5

The Nikon is sharper, and being "full frame" the image is a bit
larger than the Sigma (I use a Nikon D70 camera).

In terms of work flow it's about the same for me (6 shots all around,
one up and one down). Chromatic aberration is easy to fix using
Photoshop's "Camera Raw" filter. Vignetting is less than the Sigma,
but I it was never an issue for me since Xblend takes care of it
really nicely.

The Sigma however is a very nice lens, and I've seen some really
excellent work done with it.
--

               Uri Cogan
      http://www.uricogan.com