Sender:Scott Rowed
Date/Time:2005-Mar-31 05:37:00
Subject:Re: Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye lens: Does anybody use it?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye lens: Does anybody use it? Scott Rowed 2005-Mar-31 05:37:00
It's a good lens. I shoot 6 images around plus zenith and nadir.
There is chromatic aberration to deal with so with the D70 I've
usually shot raw and converted with ACR which has good CA
correction. A few days ago I bought a D2X and haven't really figured
out the workflow with raw files for that since ACR doesn't yet
support it.

The 10.5 is good and sharp and has very little flare looking into
the sun. Highly recommended.

Scott

--- In #removed#, Margaret & Dean Graetz <#removed#>
wrote:
> List members,
>
> 	I am puzzled.
>
> 	There has been considerable traffic about the Sigma 8 mm
lens
> but essentially none concerning the Nikkor equivalent (Nikkor 10.5
mm
> fisheye).
>
> 	Which assumption is correct?
>
> 	(1) There are few Nikon list members?
> 	or
> 	(2) The Sigma lens is not as easy to use as the Nikkor 10.5
mm fisheye?

> 	My curiosity comes from an intention to purchase one or
these lens.