Sender:Ken Stuart
Date/Time:2005-Oct-01 15:42:00
Subject:Re: news

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: news Ken Stuart 2005-Oct-01 15:42:00
On 9/30/05, centreofengland <#removed#> wrote:

> --- In #removed#, Ken Stuart <#removed#> wrote:
> > Second, the automatic link for NASA WorldWind links to a URL of
> > worldwind://goto/lat=32.23625&lon=-118.53215833333&altitude=30000
> which is
> > not a valid web address. It seems that this incorrect web address
> format
> > will affect everyone and should be corrected.
> > -Ken
>
> Hi Ken, If you have World Wind V1.3.2 installed on your pc then the
> address IS valid as it invokes WW to open with the location positon.
> If you do not have World Wind installed then it will show an invalid
> web page.

Ah, thanks much. I didn't realize that it needed a separate external
application.

It appears, now, that Markus has added a note next to the entry specifying
that WW is needed to view the link. Good solution. (If that note was there
previously, I must have overlooked it.)

Markus, many thanks for fixing the latitude.

-Ken

World Wind can be downloaded (free) from here :