Sender:Milko Amorth
Date/Time:2006-Apr-08 04:00:00
Subject:Re: some questions about wwp and improvements to the site.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: some questions about wwp and improvements to the site. Milko Amorth 2006-Apr-08 04:00:00
Hi Markus and all,

> we're looking into that. Note that this kind of "masking" usually
> requires the
> server that hosts the "vanity domain" ;) to play proxy for all data that
> is
> requested through that "nice" domain.

I think this redundandcy is a bandwidth waster par exellence. I am always
a bit edgy when i get any sign of redirection. Its like a detour nobody
really likes, because most of the time one does not know where it leads
to. Its a mind thing I guess.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with the name of the university in the
url......in fact it is actually pestigeious to have it. That is what I
have noticed when I refered to the university when asked what I am
shooting for, when shooting for wwp.
People went into double awe mode and wrote down the url I gave them, plus
it opens doors much easier to get shooting permissions. Now, when they
verify this and get circled around so that the real name gets masked, you
loose that trust real fast and earn discredit.
Nothing wrong with an alias (aka) as well, there you can bunch up a few
names. Many roads lead to Rome, everbody knows that. But when they get
there,you better have your real name on the tag. Know what I mean?

Cheers, Milko