Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Jun-27 10:31:00
Subject:Re: recommended steps / software to go from stitched image to QTVR

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: recommended steps / software to go from stitched image to QTVR Hans Nyberg 2006-Jun-27 10:31:00
On 27/6-2006, at 11.52, chris wrote:

>  What is the recommended steps / software to go from stitched image to
> QTVR?
>  I can get an acceptable 360 cylindrical stiched image that's about
> 18000 x
>  3000 pixels.
>  I can use canon photostich or the latest PTGU - which seems to
> produce the
>  best result.

You do not need to output the full resolution in PTGui.
You can set any size as the final stitch.

Or you can just reduce the size of your panorama in Photoshop or other
image software.

>  Don't know how to add the sky and ground shot for a spherical pano -
> there
>  does not seem to be enough overlap to stitch them and I don't know
> what
>  steps to use anyway.
What did you take. And with what lens?
3 rows with 12 images plus a zenith?
> So, what do people use to generate the QTVR?

You can as far as I know generate a QTVR from PTGui
but I would recommend Panocube or Pano2QTVR. Both have free basic
versions.

You find all links to software at my linkpage.
http://www.panoramas.dk/quicktime/qtvr/software.html

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer