Sender:chris
Date/Time:2006-Jun-27 13:02:00
Subject:Re: recommended steps / software to go from stitched image to QTVR

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: recommended steps / software to go from stitched image to QTVR chris 2006-Jun-27 13:02:00
On 6/27/06, Pat Swovelin <#removed#> wrote:

>   chris wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What is the recommended steps / software to go from stitched image to
> > QTVR?
>
> Pano2QTVR.com

that worked well, thx!

> I can get an acceptable 360 cylindrical stiched image that's about 18000 x
> > 3000 pixels.
> > I can use canon photostich or the latest PTGU - which seems to produce
> the
> > best result.
>
> PTGui is the hot tip.
>

> > Don't know how to add the sky and ground shot for a spherical pano -
> there
> > does not seem to be enough overlap to stitch them and I don't know what
> > steps to use anyway.
>
> Try this http://tinyurl.com/awgqc

this does not seem to apply to me - I don't have a 360 pno to start with. it
is cylindrical and I was hoping to somehow add sky and ground from single
sky/ground photos.
I am using 16 images: two rows stitched together of 8 from an 18mm lense,
cannon 350D.
They stitch ok, just wanted to add sky/ground.

thanks for your help,

chris