Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2006-Jul-16 15:54:00
Subject:Re: Bizkaia bridge Wold Heritage

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Bizkaia bridge Wold Heritage G. Donald Bain 2006-Jul-16 15:54:00
--- In #removed#, "Inaki Rezola" <inaki_rz20004@...> wrote:
> This is to tell you that Bizkaia Bridge -my World Heritage WWP
> submission- has finally reached World Heritage status. And this is the
> first WH in the Basque Country, which adds to our joy.

Inaki,

Good for you, and the Basque country!

I thought I would catch up on World Heritage sites, so I typed "world
heritage" into Google. Number four on the results list was "World
Heritage - The World Wide Panorama - QuickTime VR Panoramas". Excellent!

This is so often the case - the WWP is getting the word out, VR is
cool, VR is useful, VR gives you a unique way to look at many
interesting places.

Unfortunately, a Google search on "Bizkaia Bridge" puts Inaki's page
up in 69th place, too far back for most people to ever see it. So we
need to work on getting individual pages better publicity.

Links to individual WWP pages from other sites is the key.

* We should all be linking to WWP from our own sites (I need to do
this on mine). Link both to the WWP home page and to each of your
contributions. Text links are fine, or you can use the WWP logo (or a
badge, if we come up with one), and thumbnails.

* It's a lot of work to set up link exchanges (too much to undertake
centrally), but we can each try to arrange reciprocal links with
relevant sites. Links on high-rated sites, such as Wikipedia, count
for most, but a very relevant site will bring in a lot of traffic.

? Letting a site use your thumbnail from the WWP (it is your
copyright, use it any way you want) as a link would make it more
attractive, and effective.

More suggestions, anyone?

Don