Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2006-Jul-16 17:23:00
Subject:Text links are the best

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Text links are the best Hans Nyberg 2006-Jul-16 17:23:00
On 16/7-2006, at 17.54, G. Donald Bain wrote:

> Links to individual WWP pages from other sites is the key.
>
> * We should all be linking to WWP from our own sites (I need to do
> this on mine). Link both to the WWP home page and to each of your
> contributions. Text links are fine, or you can use the WWP logo (or a
> badge, if we come up with one), and thumbnails.

No, text links are not just fine they are much better than a thumbnail
or logo.

Actually text links containing the proper keyword is just as effective
or perhaps many times more effective than the title.
This goes also for internal links.

I have a very recent example.

The word "Fotograf" means Photographer in Denmark, Sweden, Norway,
Germany, Turkey and perhaps a couple of other countries.
I tried getting to the top a couple of times but never succeeded.
Recently I discovered that I got hits from searches for fotograf and
after investing it, it turned out to be this panorama by our friend
AYRTON from Rio.
http://www.panoramas.dk/fullscreen6/f17-rio-metro.html

It is now number 5 if you search google.com for Fotograf
The peculiar thing is that the word does not exist anywhere on the page.

I then remembered that I had some hits on it from a Turkish linksite
and after looking on that site
I could see that the only link to the page was using one word "fotograf"
http://www.bildirgec.org/yazi/rio-kadinlari

There are 2 ways this works. Using the same keywords as the title on
the page as the link.
If that is a combination which is much searched you have a big chance
of getting to the top.

If you can find one single good keyword which represents the page it
probably has even stronger effect.

Jooks fabulous panorama from the new Apple Store is No 2 or 1 for a lot
of combinations of Apple store NY, Apple store New York, Manhattan etc.
http://www.panoramas.dk/newspanos/f20-apple-store.html
This was after I had used 2 days of intensive promotion to weblogs and
Mac sites.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
<http://www.panoramas.dk> Panoramas.dk - Features Fullscreen QTVR