Sender:G. Donald Bain
Date/Time:2006-Jul-19 06:23:00
Subject:Re: University of California at Berkeley Regents

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: University of California at Berkeley Regents G. Donald Bain 2006-Jul-19 06:23:00
Sorry Dave, the UC Regents don't know the WWP exists.

Legally they own our server, and the building it is in, the campus it
is on, the network that connects it, and they employ me (along with
121,000 other faculty and staff). They could shut us down and lay me
off, but they have much bigger concerns.

We profit from their benign neglect and get to make our own decisions
within very broad guidelines.

I would, however, like to spin a few panos for the "Governator", I
think he would enjoy it. (The Governor of California is an ex-officio
member of the Board of Regents). Maybe he would put some VR-pano
effects in his next movie.