Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2006-Oct-20 20:20:00
Subject:Re: How about... a more productive thread: WWP enhancements for 07?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: How about... a more productive thread: WWP enhancements for 07? Roger Howard 2006-Oct-20 20:20:00
On Fri, October 20, 2006 10:48 am, darkfact95 wrote:
> If we work harder and provide more integoration between wwp and google
> earth, Google might get intrested and fund the wwp. I've seen them do
> that with several other sites. one of them was SketchUp. and now
> they're well advertising for that product on google earth.

Google isn't just funding SketchUp, they acquired it outright. SketchUp
filled an apparent hole in Google's software stack; as surprising as it
was to see Google acquire those guys, it does make a bit of sense; but
even if WWP was up for sale (which it certainly isn't), I can't see why
they'd be interested. And, frankly, I'm not participating in a project
like this to help make a wealthy company even richer!

This is a non-starter, I'm certain.

-Rh