Sender:rogerhoward
Date/Time:2007-Mar-10 18:44:00
Subject:Re: Preparing for Atmoshpere - when or if is a subject release needed?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Preparing for Atmoshpere - when or if is a subject release needed? rogerhoward 2007-Mar-10 18:44:00
On Mar 10, 2007, at 1:04 AM, Hans Nyberg wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2007, at 7:46 AM, chinavr2004 wrote:
>
> > It is much different to the situation in China.
> >
> > In the Chinese culture, we call any places outside our homes a
> public
> > place. Even you pay for access, like a park, a museum......
>
> For those who need more info about legal issues, Andrew Nemeth,s
> article may be of interest.
>
> http://www.4020.net/words/photorights.shtml

Keep in mind many of these issues are national/regional. In the US I
know many places can be considered public (for the purposes of this
conversation) regardless of whether it's owned by the state or
individuals, whether you pay to get in or not, etc. A restaurant may
be privately owned, and may have fees associated with getting in, but
people have no expectation to privacy in a restaurant - they are *in*
public. Now, the restauranteur may well assert their right to throw
you out, but in terms of subject's privacy its not so black and white.

Of course, the best advice is to be polite, ask permission, and allow
people their dignity!