Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2007-Mar-10 11:05:00
Subject:Re: Preparing for Atmoshpere - when or if is a subject release needed?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Preparing for Atmoshpere - when or if is a subject release needed? Keith Martin 2007-Mar-10 11:05:00
Sometime around 10/3/07 (at 06:46 +0000) chinavr2004 said:

>In the Chinese culture, we call any places outside our homes a public
>place. Even you pay for access, like a park, a museum......

In fact, that's not very different to how it is here too. Consider
the case of an amusement park. That's private land that requires
payment for access. But the public - the people - that are there have
no more or less fundamental legal right to refuse to be in someone's
photo than they would standing on the roadside outside the gates.

Of course, whoever controls that private land can make their own
rules over what's allowed. If photography is not permitted then
that's the way it is. But I know of no examples of private places
where photgraphy is specifically allowed except specifically if other
people are captured in the photo.

At this point it would generally boil down to whether the
photographer was deemed to be a nuisance in some way. But that is a
slightly different matter and would be the same on public land as
well...