Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2007-Aug-22 17:25:00
Subject:Re: First try, comments please and some questions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: First try, comments please and some questions Uri Cogan 2007-Aug-22 17:25:00
ronenkedem wrote:

 > Please take a look here:
 > http://www.monalisastudios.com/panorama
 >
 > 1) I used "Manfrotto" panoramic head + tripod and "Canon" 16 mm lens.
 > Q-If I will use wider lens will it affect the image and will make it
 > more curved?

No. A fisheye lens is as "curved" as you can get, but the stitching
software takes care of the geometry.

Please look at the tutorials at http://www.panoramas.dk and elsewhere.

 > 3) I stitch it with "Pixtra",
 > Q-should I work on the image first on Photoshop to fix some details?
 > Q-Is there software that stitch 2 rows and more?

Pixtra does not appear to be an interactive  (QTVR, Java or Flash)
panorama stitcher. It's probably good for some simple rectilinear
panoramas like the example on your web page.

 > 4) I linked the 360 movie,("Pixtra" has a "save as" *.mov option)

These images are not "QTVR movies", they are simple jpeg image files.

 > Q- How can I create a better look of the movie? For example:
 > http://www.uricogan.com/trip/trip_pages/market-2.html

I'm afraid that the example you chose out of my site is a very, very
poor one -  I shot it by hand with no tripod - and it's full of
stitching errors, especially on the zenith (looking up). That is one of
my worst panoramas - now I'm almost embarrassed to have it on my site!

 > Q- Is there software that convert panorama image into VR movie (in
 > quicktime) or a code to put on the HTML page?

Yes, lots. I like PTGUI, but there are others. Again, go to
http://www.panorramas.dk and look at the software page. As I'm writing
this I notice that Hans Nyberg had already pointed you that way! Good.

Good luck and Cheers, Uri.