Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2007-Aug-22 22:32:00
Subject:Re: First try, comments please and some questions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: First try, comments please and some questions Uri Cogan 2007-Aug-22 22:32:00
Hi Ronen,

 > I'm sorry to emmberess you :-) I think all your pictures are
 > beautiful I picked this picture because this market is 5 min. from my
 > childhood home...

It's not you who embarrasses me - I do it to myself by putting such a
low-quality pano on my web site...

 > I looked at the next software :
 > http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/software
 > Do you or anybody have expiriance with it?

Their (excellent) software is not for stitching, but for doing
post-stitching work. I use their Cubic Converter software for converting
from equirectangular  panoramas to cube faces, and to convert the
results to the QTVR format.  This is a Mac-only program.

Personally I was using PTMac for stitching, Exblend for creating the
equirectakngular image, and Cubic Converter for the final assembly, but
now I am using PTGui and Cubic Converter.

Cubic Converter is not strictly necessary for me now since PTGui will do
just about everything, but Cubic Converter is so elegant, and offers so
much control, I just love it.

 > I realize as you said that if I shoot fuul round fisg eye photo the
 > software will convert it to a 360 movie. is that what you call "QTVR
 > movies" ?

All the panoramas that you see on the WWP site (and on mine too) are
"QTVR movies"; the name is a bit of a misnomer - the files are named
with the extension .mov and require QuickTime to display, but they are
not really "movies".

For using fish eye lenses, I refer you again to the various tutorials
that were mentioned earlier.

I am all too aware how confusing the whole panorama-making thing can be
(when I started I was totally lost for a good while) but again, this
forum is meant for discussing WWP projects. For technical discussion,
and for questions about techniqes, and desparate cries for help, etc. I
encourage you to join any or all of these forums:

Panoguide forum at: http://www.panoguide.com/
IVRPA public forum: http://ivrpa.org/forum

Or write me privately.

Cheers, Uri.