Sender:ronenkedem
Date/Time:2007-Aug-22 21:03:00
Subject:Re: First try, comments please and some questions

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: First try, comments please and some questions ronenkedem 2007-Aug-22 21:03:00
Hi Uri,

I'm sorry to emmberess you :-) I think all your pictures are
beautiful
I picked this picture because this market is 5 min. from my
childhood home...

I looked at the next software :
http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/software

Do you or anybody have expiriance with it?

My problem untill now was that I have used my PC, now I did some
tests in my I-Mac,

I realize as you said that if I shoot fuul round fisg eye photo the
software will convert it to a 360 movie. is that what you call "QTVR
movies" ?

Thanks again,

Ron

--- In #removed#, Uri Cogan <uri@...> wrote:

> ronenkedem wrote:
>
>  > Please take a look here:
>  > http://www.monalisastudios.com/panorama
>  >
>  > 1) I used "Manfrotto" panoramic head + tripod and "Canon" 16 mm
lens.
>  > Q-If I will use wider lens will it affect the image and will
make it
>  > more curved?
>
> No. A fisheye lens is as "curved" as you can get, but the
stitching
> software takes care of the geometry.
>
>  > 2) As you can see I tried to create 360X180, didn't succeed,
>  > Q-What did I do wrong? I did 360 with the tripod's head is
leveled
>  > then I took 360 with the head towering the ceiling.
>  > Is there a "formula" of how to do it right?
>
> Please look at the tutorials at http://www.panoramas.dk and
elsewhere.

>  > 3) I stitch it with "Pixtra",
>  > Q-should I work on the image first on Photoshop to fix some
details?
>  > Q-Is there software that stitch 2 rows and more?
>
> Pixtra does not appear to be an interactive  (QTVR, Java or Flash)
> panorama stitcher. It's probably good for some simple rectilinear
> panoramas like the example on your web page.
>
>  > 4) I linked the 360 movie,("Pixtra" has a "save as" *.mov
option)

> These images are not "QTVR movies", they are simple jpeg image
files.

>  > Q- How can I create a better look of the movie? For example:
>  > http://www.uricogan.com/trip/trip_pages/market-2.html
>
> I'm afraid that the example you chose out of my site is a very,
very
> poor one -  I shot it by hand with no tripod - and it's full of
> stitching errors, especially on the zenith (looking up). That is
one of
> my worst panoramas - now I'm almost embarrassed to have it on my
site!

>  > Q- Is there software that convert panorama image into VR movie
(in
>  > quicktime) or a code to put on the HTML page?
>
> Yes, lots. I like PTGUI, but there are others. Again, go to
> http://www.panorramas.dk and look at the software page. As I'm
writing
> this I notice that Hans Nyberg had already pointed you that way!
Good.