Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2007-Oct-04 16:04:00
Subject:Re: sustenance contribution and text

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: sustenance contribution and text Landis 2007-Oct-04 16:04:00
At 17:56 +0200 10/4/2007, pau wrote:
>Hi all!
>I would like to ask the list if I have written fine the caption to my
>contribution.

>http://128.32.102.88:8090/gen/live_preview/wwp907/html/PauValienteMoral.html

Good work and neat effects on your panorama.

This is how I might suggest tightening up your text:

-=-=-=

The "Gran V?a" street in Madrid is usually a very
busy street, full of cars day and night. The use
of the car in Madrid doesn't make sense, the city
is growing excessively and there isn't a well
designed distribution of public and private
streets around all the neighborhoods. Every day
many people drive during one or two hours
entering the crowded city to work and in the
evening the same thing occurs going home.

Ending on Saturday, the 22nd, the European
Mobility Week proposed various measures, one of
them being to limit the motor vehicle traffic
through some streets.

In Madrid there haven't been many initiatives
around this event. On this Saturday, the "day
without cars," some streets were closed to
vehicle traffic. The problem is that they were
closed because of the "Noche en Blanco" event,
not for the European Mobility Week.

The "Noche en Blanco" event consists of a night
(from 19h to 7h) where there are lots of cultural
events and musical concerts around the city, all
of them free. Lots of people invade the streets
enjoying the great cultural offerings.

The culture is one of the basic elements that sustain the civilization.

-=-=-=

Hope this helps,
Landis