Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2008-May-23 15:24:00
Subject:Re: ... and my story...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: ... and my story... Keith Martin 2008-May-23 15:24:00
Sometime around 22/5/08 (at 15:16 -0700) Bostjan Burger said:

>found out that their exhibition was part of Culture 2000 (European
>found with the financial support of culture events) and that they
>received 940.000 * (~ 1.35 M US$). As the majority of the
>presentation was actually my work I asked them why they didn't tell
>me that, and the reply was that the idea counts not the "work" (read
>"my" VR panoramas), which is just trivial

That is shocking. I can say that if I had a similar experience I
would be getting the opinion of a legal professional about this. I
cannot begin to see how their argument could stand up in court, if
what you say could be documented.

Imagine if someone had an idea for a major public exhibition and
chose to use songs by the Beatles as big part of it, without express
permission for that use? How big do you think their pain would be?
Would their excuse that the 'work' is trivial last any longer than a
snowflake in a furnace?

Copyright is copyright. Work is work. And, interestingly, when
discussed in formal legal terms the phrase is normally "copyrighted
work". Not a mention of 'trivial' anywhere.
If you still have any documents relating to any of this I would still
recommend taking legal advice.