Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2008-May-23 05:12:00
Subject:Re: ... and my story...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: ... and my story... Yuval Levy 2008-May-23 05:12:00
Bo Lorentzen wrote:
> the part which always angers me is the people who deliberately
 > takes advantage of the creative person for financial gain

me too!

Bostjan, I feel sorry for you, your heart is oversized for this cold and
bloody world.

Next time, don't just give your artwork away. *license* it under
Creative Common. CC has non-commercial licenses exactly for this kind of
situation. If your work was licensed under CC BY-NC-SA (or any other of
their NC=non-commercial licenses), a letter from a lawyer would have
made them understand the value of your work...

@Don: thanks for everything and enjoy your newly found freedom!

After reading the whole ZKM story, I felt angry. I still feel angry.
Those people don't deserve any consideration. I'll wait another day to
let the anger pass, then I'll write them a very clear letter saying that
I do not appreciate infringement of my copyrights and that I expressly
forbid them to show my work on their exhibition.

> Most of us will happily donate to something meaningful? the real issue is about respect.!

exactly because of that.

Yuv