Sender:Michelle Bienias
Date/Time:2004-Dec-29 02:52:00
Subject:RE: Tsunami

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: Tsunami Michelle Bienias 2004-Dec-29 02:52:00
  Great idea Landis.

  I think we're just beginning to realize the catastophic extent of this
tsunami and the hundreds of thousands of people it has affected, and will
continue to affect with mounting severity in the weeks and months to come.

  You're idea of soliciting panos of affected areas with the end-goal of
raising funds is brilliant, and I hope that VRMAG can contribute in its own
small way by publishing those panos and directing viewers to aid agencies
where they may make donations.

  Here in Toronto, Canada, where temperatures are hovering around -20
degrees it seems that we're living in an alternate universe from southeast
Asia, yet we have the largest multicultural community in the world, with
many many immigrants from India, Skri Lanka, Thailand and Africa who are
despondent with worry over close family members.

  If we, the panographic community, could do anything to help alleviate the
suffering, no matter how small or humble our efforts (or great and
successful) I'm sure we would all welcome the chance to participate, to
whatever extent we are capable.

  Michelle Bienias