Sender:Andrew Varlamov
Date/Time:2009-Feb-27 14:14:00
Subject:Re: Thinking about "diversity" - horse in the city

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Thinking about "diversity" - horse in the city Andrew Varlamov 2009-Feb-27 14:14:00
Keith and all !
>I get "Couldn't execute query" when I try that URL. :-(
Please try again -
http://www.enviroliteracy.org/article.php/578.html

>But from the description - is it really diversity? What does
>diversity specifically mean to you? (And to others here. What does
>this word mean to you all?)
1st of all - diversity for me is "BIOdiversity". I remember COSMOCAIXA Museu de Ci?ncia at the foot of Tibidabo in Barcelona. There is large exposition about diversity in natural history and huge stand suitable to shot panorama. Mankind decrease biodiversity century by century, and
today humans try to restore lost species - the nearest example for me are bisons at Toksovo village near Petersburg.

Other meaning of "diversity" - more literally - set of diverse objects or person (like wedding locks).

Of course, English is not my native language, and I can miss other meanings of "diversity" which are valuable for You.

Best regards

Andrew
Saint-Petersburg
Russia (not Florida)