Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2009-Feb-27 15:21:00
Subject:Re: Thinking about "diversity" - horse in the city

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Thinking about "diversity" - horse in the city Keith Martin 2009-Feb-27 15:21:00
>Please try again -
>http://www.enviroliteracy.org/article.php/578.html

Fascinating article. (The URL worked when I tried it again, must have
been a script hiccup on the server.) I can see how this links loosely
to the ideas of biodiversity, but on a purely personal level it seems
to me that the article itself seems barely connected. But maybe it
*will* lead to a great 'diversity' panorama. Just don't get trampled
by those bison. :-)

>Other meaning of "diversity" - more literally - set of diverse
>objects or person (like wedding locks).

The wedding locks are all basically the same, aren't they? They're
all locks, they're all there for the same reason, from the same
tradition and religious observance, etc. There's a large collection
of locks there, perhaps even a large range within the category of
'padlock', but in my own head I'm not sure where the diversity is.

BTW, please don't take my comments as a put-down. Challenging things
and asking for clarification is a natural part of what I do as a
university lecturer. :-)