Sender:Jesse Lee
Date/Time:2009-Mar-24 23:57:00
Subject:re: Diversity event shooting countdown

wwp@yahoogroups.com: re: Diversity event shooting countdown Jesse Lee 2009-Mar-24 23:57:00
Wow! Uri, Uri, Uri!
Great job!
Just love it!
love every of your WWP events especially the one taken in Sally Sunshine's Garden.

This is one of my "Diversity" (not for this WWP event) shoot in 2004 just like yours:
http://www.chinavr.net/news/2004missuniverse/j3189.htm (volunteers)
Click for more http://www.chinavr.net/html/group.htm

Best Wishes,
Have a good sailing!
Jesse

________________________________
???? Uri Cogan <#removed#>
???? #removed#
???? 2009/3/25(??), ??6:00:39

Caroling Geary wrote:

> Oh how wonderful!!! I look forward to reading in your description how
> you made this happen.

Thanks.

I had no idea what to shoot for 'diversity' until last week when I
attended a birthday party for a friend who teaches at that college.

Remembering what that college is all about, the proverbial light bulb
turned on in my head, so I asked for her opinion. She liked the idea,
and very quickly after submitting a request, I received a positive
response from the school's administrators. The rest was easy - all the
students that felt like participating showed up on time, and the entire
shoot lasted about 15 minutes.

The light was difficult with dappled sunlight and deep shadows, but
faking HDR with Photomatix Pro, with each RAW image split into 3
exposure levels gave me what I came to consider an acceptable tonal
range. Saving the PTGui output with layers helped me to correct several
instances when people moved between takes.

The Pearson College is a remarkable institute; the description that I
gave was taken from the College's web site (http://pearsoncolle ge.ca/):

"Lester B. Pearson United World College of the Pacific is a unique two
year pre-university school for two hundred students selected from around
the world based solely on their personal merit, potential and
demonstrated commitment to engage actively in creating a better world.

All students attend on a full scholarship and live together while
studying the International Baccalaureate program and pursuing explicitly
the mission of the United World Colleges to make education a "force to
unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future".

Uri
http://www.uricogan .com

"My Karma Ran Over My Dogma"

Messages in this topic (16) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
------
The World-Wide Panorama

For more information:
-Visit the web site at http://worldwidepanorama.org&nbsp;