Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2009-Mar-24 17:20:00
Subject:Re: Diversity event shooting countdown

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Diversity event shooting countdown Keith Martin 2009-Mar-24 17:20:00
>I am worried about the possible insulting nature of that site, but

Yes, I suppose it is potentially insulting... but really the only
people who *ought* to feel labelled by that are people who really
need to expand their horizons! ("If the shoe fits, wear it.")

We need to be able to look at ourselves honestly, both as individuals
and as members of various different groups - photographers, adults,
caucasions, parents, pet owners, commuters, whatever.

Sometimes there are aspects of some groups that aren't particularly
admirable. If we can adjust those things in some way then we should,
otherwise not. But we shouldn't pretend those things don't exist. Two
quotes:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference."
- Reinhold Niebuhr, The Serenity Prayer

"Hope should never be silent"
- Howard Milk

>I noticed I couldn't spin the panos in Safari 4.  It has a movie
>controller to it.

Uh-oh. Those are regular QTVR movies with no extra tracks or sprites,
generated from Pano2VR. That is rather worrying! I'm not yet a Safari
4 user - have you seen similar (non)behaviour with other .mov
panoramas? I wonder if it is anything to do with viewing them
directly rather than within a web page?

Keith