Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2012-Jan-05 17:39:00
Subject:Re: Someone editing the description text with Wiki links after its been submitted.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Someone editing the description text with Wiki links after its been submitted. Pat Swovelin 2012-Jan-05 17:39:00
On 1/5/2012 4:20 AM, Erik Krause wrote:
>> It has been happening for years, you're just not aware of it. In all of
>> that time and the hundreds and hundreds of panoramas that I've checked
>> and edited only 2 people have had a problem with it.
>
> While I don't have a problem with it either (I usually try to find
> useful links myself) I'd like to ask what the purpose of inserting links
> is?

I edit for the future site visitor to increase the value of the
description and make it easy for him/her to learn more about some of the
things that are talked about.  One of the 2 people who complained about
edits complained about adding a Wikipedia link and said that if people
want to know more they'll do it on their own.  We all know that if it
takes more than one finger to do something (i.e., one click) they simply
won't do it.  Adding links facilitates the site visitor easily learning
more about the given subject(s) in the description and in no way changes
what was written.

Pat Swovelin
World Wide Panorama Event Coordinator

Get out there and shoot some panoramas!