Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2005-Apr-03 03:28:00
Subject:Re: spinControl

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: spinControl Caroling Geary 2005-Apr-03 03:28:00
  Useful functions of the Apple controller. bar:

1. Hotspot link text (and other text) appears in it, which gives a
labeling function.
2. Discrete, 16 px high,  just big enough and grey (on PC).
3. Has popup "tooltips" for info, when mouse is over each button.
4. Hotspot button is made active when hotspots are present; dimmed when
not.
5. Has QuickTime info button for plug-in, saving, and connection speed
setting.
6. Has audio volume control. Dimmed if no audio.
7. For object movies, there is a drag button.

I think Patrick's controller adds two functions useful to newbies: pan
and tilt. I opted for a line of text saying "To move the panorama,
click and drag it". I wonder if buttons or text are more effective at
encouraging interactivity.

Caroling http://www.wholeo.net/

Caroling http://www.wholeo.net/