Sender:wardnet2001
Date/Time:2005-Apr-03 13:56:00
Subject:Re: spinControl

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: spinControl wardnet2001 2005-Apr-03 13:56:00
--- In #removed#, Caroling Geary <#removed#> wrote:
>   Useful functions of the Apple controller. bar:
>
> 1. Hotspot link text (and other text) appears in it, which gives a
> labeling function.
> 2. Discrete, 16 px high,  just big enough and grey (on PC).
> 3. Has popup "tooltips" for info, when mouse is over each button.
> 4. Hotspot button is made active when hotspots are present; dimmed
when
> not.
> 5. Has QuickTime info button for plug-in, saving, and connection
speed
> setting.
> 6. Has audio volume control. Dimmed if no audio.
> 7. For object movies, there is a drag button.
>
> I think Patrick's controller adds two functions useful to newbies:
pan
> and tilt. I opted for a line of text saying "To move the panorama,
> click and drag it". I wonder if buttons or text are more effective
at
> encouraging interactivity.

I definitely think button links are very useful for this purpose. It
is not intuitive for a newbie viewer to know that he/she can click and
drag on the image to pan around. However, they probably already know
to click on obvious buttons. I also like the autorortate sprite for
this reason as well, otherwise a newbie viewer may just think a pano
is just another still image. Neither of the above cases apply to us
enthusiasts.

Bill