Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2005-Jul-13 20:09:00
Subject:Re: MPEG4 v JPEG compression

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: MPEG4 v JPEG compression Mickael Therer 2005-Jul-13 20:09:00
I'm staying away from anything else than jpeg now,
because the results are not so good and unpredictible
when you look at it closely also sorenson or mp4 are much
more processor intensive and were meant for video.

here are 2 old compare pages sorry I haven't written
down the discussions we had on the French list at the
time but the conclusion was to best keep away from
anything else than jpeg for qtvr to be on the safe side
with good results.

first page compares size results for 50% in jpeg-sor-mp4
http://www.mediapiculture.net/test/codecs/test_comp.html

second page compares  jpeg-sor-mp4 for a target size of 450kb
http://www.mediapiculture.net/test/codecs/test_comp2.html

-m