Sender:skipsteuart
Date/Time:2005-Jul-18 04:01:00
Subject:Re: Press and publicity... and no competitions please.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Press and publicity... and no competitions please. skipsteuart 2005-Jul-18 04:01:00
--- In #removed#, "Richard Crowest" <#removed#> wrote:
> Finally, my two pennies' worth about ranking and competition - I'd
> just like to back Landis with a very firm "no thank you". I'm sorry
> if some people find exploring the work on offer  to be boring and
> a waste of time,

I'm not bored by the site at all, but when I've tried to intorduce
others to the site it helps to start off showing the newbies the
cream of the crop.  Some pictures are clearly exceptional, and
some way to quickly identify exceptional pictures would be helpful.
I'm not suggesting competition,  but instead a way to recognize
better than average work. If we ever have 2,000 entries for an
event, I would appreciate some help navigating.