Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2005-Nov-20 00:48:00
Subject:Re: Off-topic: new service from Google - Analytics

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Off-topic: new service from Google - Analytics Mickael Therer 2005-Nov-20 00:48:00
--- In #removed#, Hans Nyberg <#removed#> wrote:

> On 19/11-2005, at 22.55, Andrei Bodrov wrote:
>
> > I tried it, but only one thing is not good - it not display results
> > in real time. For me it show only 2 days old data. May be it's just
> > for beta period?
>
> Well they got "Slashdotted"
> Drowned in their own success.
> Right now they do not take new users.
> I was one of the happy ones who joined the first day.

Still sounds to me like it needs js pings over an
infiniband network and that can bring your site to its knees
there's an interesting thread here
http://forum.textdrive.com/viewtopic.php?id=7214

> Services like this would cost me thousands of dollars a year.

those that sell logparser for zillions rip you off

> And this one is free.
> For  a cheap real time stat use Statcounter.

for just a little more have a mint
http://www.haveamint.com

fresh and new until anemone comes out

-mickael