Sender:Mickael Therer
Date/Time:2005-Nov-20 10:34:00
Subject:Re: Off-topic: new service from Google - Analytics

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Off-topic: new service from Google - Analytics Mickael Therer 2005-Nov-20 10:34:00
--- In #removed#, Hans Nyberg <#removed#> wrote:

> On 20/11-2005, at 1.48, Mickael Therer wrote:
>
> > Still sounds to me like it needs js pings over an
> > infiniband network and that can bring your site to its knees
> > there's an interesting thread here
> > http://forum.textdrive.com/viewtopic.php?id=7214
>
> This script does not in any way affect the performance of your site.
> I have used several Javascript counters over the years and I had to
> delete at least 3 of them until I found Statcounter.
>
> The Google script is installed in the head and does nothing at all >
> to the loading of the page.

Well it does call an external script is what I meant,
If the host server goes funny, you go funny with it.
Although we can expect it won't happen with the army
of servers that they have. I installed the scripts at
the bottom of the page just to be sure.

I did just get my first 2 reports and I agree it does
look awesome, like a better Urchin although it lacks
some of the functionalities it seems
(error handlers, bots etc)

-mickael