Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2005-Nov-20 01:49:00
Subject:Re: Off-topic: new service from Google - Analytics

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Off-topic: new service from Google - Analytics Hans Nyberg 2005-Nov-20 01:49:00
On 20/11-2005, at 1.48, Mickael Therer wrote:

> Still sounds to me like it needs js pings over an
> infiniband network and that can bring your site to its knees
> there's an interesting thread here
> http://forum.textdrive.com/viewtopic.php?id=7214

This script does not in any way affect the performance of your site.
I have used several Javascript counters over the years and I had to
delete at least 3 of them until I found Statcounter.

The Google script is installed in the head and does nothing at all to
the loading of the page.

The analyze you get is amazing. I just got updated for the first 25.000
visitors from last week
Geographical you can get down into the smallest parts.

I can see what browsers, screen resolution, connection speed or what
keywords was used by the visitors from Brussels
last week.
Or from any other place on earth.
I can see that the 282 visitors from Belgium 271 was on cable or DSL
Of the 2315 visitors from New Zealand 65% used cable/DSL and 32% dialup

Where did the 10.278 visitors from US come form.
I can see it in  details.
I can also choose to see the referrers. Of the 6000 who came via Google
16% used 800x600.
Something to think about as this is 25% of the visitors.

Of all visitors 65 % was on cable/DSL

And it is all free, with no visible counter.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer
hans nyberg fotografi