Sender:John Fellers
Date/Time:2005-Dec-23 18:18:00
Subject:RE: Removing Shadows

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: Removing Shadows John Fellers 2005-Dec-23 18:18:00

Check out: http://www.mediatek360.com/nadir/Taal_VolcanoNadir.jpg

I was able to remove both your shadow and tripod head using a variation of
the nadir patching technique Big Ben describes on
http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/tutorials/360/stitching/pano4.h....
While his tutorial requires the use of a nadir or down image, I was able to
use the PS Clone and Patch Tool on your image.

It is always a lot easier (and better) to edit Zenith and Nadir in an
extracted view (such as that available through the Panorama Tools Adjust PS
Plugin.)

Another method would involve using Panocube Plus to convert your
equirectangular panorama into six TIFF cube faces for editing, and then use
similar Cloning/Patching techniques or a Nadir Image to remove the shadows
(from the bottom square.) http://www.panoshow.com/panocubeplus.htm

Regards

J. Fellers