Sender:wardnet2001
Date/Time:2006-Jan-12 20:14:00
Subject:Re: congrats!! / magazine article

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: congrats!! / magazine article wardnet2001 2006-Jan-12 20:14:00
--- In #removed#, "Milko Amorth" <#removed#> wrote:

> > www.reflex.cz/Clanek22322.html
>
> Too bad... I can not read this article in your language:-((
>
> (has 3 of the six images that were
> > printed in the magazine. doesn't have links to the qtvr's. :-(((((
>
> Printing only equirectangular image maps to introduce Photo-VR is just
> plain irresponsible journalism. It is only half of the story and a
> fraction of the technology.... This is an digital art and industry
and you
> do not just print it. It leaves a way too ......

Hi Milko

I think your comment is just a bit too strong, though I appreciate
where you're coming from.

It sounds like you had a disappointing experience with the outcome of
one of your own submissions to a magazine, ok fair enough. As the
photographer who did the steam train photo I'm pleased with this
publication. If I felt it was inappropriate to print this picture I
wouldn't have submitted it, its a magazine after all. It's just added
to the fun, really, and that's mostly what this group is about
(although I know there is a lot of significant professional spinoff
and interest).

Personally, I like the printed versions of the other panos on that
page more than mine. There is an abstact quality to a printed
equirectangular image which I admit is probably not intended when
you're shooting, and I would have liked to see a link to The World
Wide Panorama actually printed. But overall its fine.

Anyway, thanks Jeffrey, more power to your journalism.

Bill