Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2006-Jul-04 16:56:00
Subject:Re: WWP Gardens Deadline Approaches

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWP Gardens Deadline Approaches Markus Altendorff 2006-Jul-04 16:56:00
waikikiphoto wrote:
> I didn't send in one, but I would of course like to see the other ones.
> Are they all going to be on Google Earth or http??

Yes, we've got a Google Earth .KMZ file you can download
and, a new feature, it's a network link so Google Earth can
refresh it periodically (i just wish you could tell GE to
set the update period to more than 99 hours - 99 days would
be more like it ;)

It contains all panoramas with GPS data we have published so
far, some 2300...

just click "download placemarks file" at
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp_all/index.html

which leads to:
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp_all/nwl_all_of_wwp.kml
(a stub that fetches the large bookmark file over network)

or the (non-networked, non-auto-updating) version at:
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp_all/all_of_wwp.kml

With that many placemarks in one file, i'm wondering wether
splitting it up beforehand and offering the separate events
as extra files may be a good idea... at least on my mac,
this single large list gives Google Earth a nice solid kick
in the ... [ahem] ... and it takes the software some time to
recover... ;)

-Markus