Sender:A Y R T O N
Date/Time:2004-Jun-17 02:46:00
Subject:Re: UNESCO Tentative Sites list

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: UNESCO Tentative Sites list A Y R T O N 2004-Jun-17 02:46:00
Hi Guys
Hi Landis
Hy Don

Sorry I haven't respond to your emails before...
Anyway here we go:
I've looked on this list right now and I noticed lots of places in Rio
de Janeiro, Brazil.
Some are far from home but some real close.
I'm only worried about authorizations

Please help me out with some infos:

-Palais de la Culture, ancien si?ge du  Minist?re de l'Education et de
la  Sant?, Rio de Janeiro
I really don't know exactly what's it is or where it is, I'm gonna
check.

-Eglise et Monast?re de Sao Bento,  Rio de Janeiro
This one will probably be difficult to get the permission to shoot
inside, but it is a really VERY beautiful church and school too.

-Rio de Janeiro Cultural Landscape
On this one what they mean by that ???
'cause what it is exactly a "Cultural Landscape" ????

Pls give me some infos asap.
Thanks again and CONGRATULATIONS in one more beautiful project.
[  ]s
AYRTON

On 14/06/2004, at 19:28, Landis wrote:

> World Heritages Sites are first nominated by the member states and
>  then, after careful review, some of them may be designated as
>  official UNESCO World Heritage Sites.? Many of us have been having
>  some problems finding a site located near us.? In hopes of helping
>  you choose a place to photograph we've found a couple of lists of
>  tentative sites.
>
>  In the US:
> http://www.cr.nps.gov/worldheritage/list1.htm
>
>  A PDF with many sites around the world:
> http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2003/whc03-27com-08ae.pdf
>
>  If you can't make it to an official site already on the list, try for
>  one on the tentative list.? Of course, if you can't do that either,
>  we're still quite happy to have your own personal nomination for a
>  future World Heritage Site.
>
>  -Landis
>

> ------
>  The World-Wide Panorama
>
>  For more information:
>  -Visit the web site at http://GeoImages.Berkeley.edu/wwp.html

                                     A Y R T O N
                                    Imagemaker

"It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY that you shoot"

                                www.ayrton.com
                                www.vrfolio.com
                             www.vr-images.com