Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2004-Jun-17 04:26:00
Subject:Re: UNESCO Tentative Sites list

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: UNESCO Tentative Sites list Landis 2004-Jun-17 04:26:00
>Please help me out with some infos:
>
>-Palais de la Culture, ancien si?ge du  Minist?re de l'Education et de
>la  Sant?, Rio de Janeiro
>I really don't know exactly what's it is or where it is, I'm gonna
>check.
>
>-Eglise et Monast?re de Sao Bento,  Rio de Janeiro
>This one will probably be difficult to get the permission to shoot
>inside, but it is a really VERY beautiful church and school too.
>
>-Rio de Janeiro Cultural Landscape
>On this one what they mean by that ???
>'cause what it is exactly a "Cultural Landscape" ????

Ayrton,

The current official world heritage sites are listed at:
http://whc.unesco.org/nwhc/pages/sites/main.htm

If you have the opportunity, one of those would be great.

I think the sites you mention are from the tentative list and those
are ones that may become 'official' in the future.  These would be a
great addition to our project, but if you have the chance to get to
one of the others that would be nice too.

Unfortunately I don't know Brazil well enough to point out the Palais
de la Culture.  I would guess that a 'Cultural Landscape' would be
something along the lines of the one that you did for the first WWP
or Carnival or something like that (of course, I realize the timing
is wrong).

Hope this helps.

-Landis