Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2006-Oct-13 15:38:00
Subject:Re: HELP please

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: HELP please Bernhard Vogl 2006-Oct-13 15:38:00
Hello Normal,

Looking at your pano (as far as this is possible to do from a ready stitched panorama) i'd suspect wrong lens parameters. The FOV seems to be too high resulting in such a "wavy" horizon.

You should consider creating a lens template from an easier to stitch panorama:
- Choose a location where you have enough verticals (e.g. a place that is surrounded by near houses).
- Carefully define your control points
- do automatic alignment ( http://www.dffe.at/pano360/pano-horizont-360_en.html ):
* Do a rough alignment
* Define verticals in every source image
* Do a full optimization for all lens parameters (first FOV, then FOV,a,b,c) as well as for Yaw, pitch and roll of all images.
Assuming that you have set the control points correctly, this will not only automatically align your template panorama but also find the correct lens parameters.
* If automatic alignment fails, re-check your control points

Best regards
Bernhard

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:30:51 -0000