Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Nov-05 22:08:00
Subject:Re: shockwave player...

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: shockwave player... Erik Krause 2006-Nov-05 22:08:00
On Sunday, November 05, 2006 at 18:19, darkfact95 wrote:

> so should i go with shockwave player or flash player?

Why don't you go for DevalVR? Free, shows QTVRs directly and is a
very small download - but windows only.

> and what are good solutions for those?
> are they free?

Spi-V is the only spherical shockwave player I know of. It is free if
you don't mind a tiny icon in the lower right corner. Spi-V reads
equirectangulars and special prepared cubics - no QTVRs unless you
run a PHP script which does the conversion.

My preffered Flash solution for sphericals currently is pano2qtvr -
very high quality, good performance, even fullscreen but it has to be
paid for and it is still in beta state. Currently windows only...

best regards
--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de/