Sender:Yılmaz Tufan
Date/Time:2007-Mar-13 08:53:00
Subject:Re: Hagia Sophia Virtual Tour hase been released (Turkey)

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Hagia Sophia Virtual Tour hase been released (Turkey) Yılmaz Tufan 2007-Mar-13 08:53:00
Thanks for advice ...

I will try to get it better with your advice.
Next time we are thinking make virtual tour of Topkapi Palace.

Provider is a very bigproblem for me. But i can't find cheep and high
bandwith provider.

And my equipment Sigma 8mm + Canon 350D + Manfrotto 055PROB + Home made pano
head

YILMAZ TUFAN
Twofun Design
www.360TR.com <http://www.360tr.com/> ( Panoramic QTVR Ýstanbul / Turkey
Photos )

On 3/10/07, Hans Nyberg <#removed#> wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2007, at 1:43 PM, Yõlmaz Tufan wrote:
>

> > we want to show everything with good perspective cause of then we use
> > quality photos.
> > and 1,5 - 2 mb file size maybe acceptable . Because in
> > www.panoramas.dk site
> > almost have same size for panoramas.
> >
> > next month we will make a new project about istanbul and we make it
> > better
> > than Haiga Sophia.
>
> Your problems seem to be a bad service provider.
> The site changes very much in speed from day to day.
>
> Today the speed looks fine, but still if I check it I can see that I
> only download with 50kb/sec which is half of the speed from my own
> sites.
> A  general speedtest from Istanbul showed the  same very slow
> connection, actually even lower speed, so maybe you should get a
> server place abroad.
>
> However  I am dissapointed on the quality.
> If I had the chance of doing  something like Haiga Sophia I  would go
> out and rent some better  equipment if I did not already have it.
>
> It looks like you are using a Coolpix or a Peleng 8mm  and that is
> absolutelly the last lens I would use for a church with windows
> flooded with bright sunlight.
> You have to shoot Raw and bracket the images for a project like this.
>
> Something else is that you are using a very small Cubeface and they
> are not at all compressed to the size you could do without  quality
> loss.
> 800x800 is far to small even for the small size you show them in.
> They are 1,5mb but they can easy be compressed to 700kb  and you can
> not see any difference.
>
> I usually use 1500 for fullscreen and that gives around 1,5-2mb
>
> Hans
>
> Hans Nyberg
> Panoramas.dk<http://www.panoramas.dk>  Features Fullscreen QTVR from
> the best VR Photographers