Sender:floris_dick
Date/Time:2007-May-13 22:52:00
Subject:Re: mixed use question by newbie

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: mixed use question by newbie floris_dick 2007-May-13 22:52:00
> I was told it was acceptable, and I have had no objections to my
last submission, which
> contained CG parts (smoke and greenhouses)..
> http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp307/html/BjornKareNilssen.html
>
> Nice to see a fellow 3D guy here :)
> Very nice renderings you showed us too, with very good compositing
IMO (except for that
> leftover shadow of (part of) you (?) on the lawn on the second one ;)
> Are all the lawns from panos? They look very natural, with no signs
of repeating
> textures. And the background buildings/trees?
> There are some problems with shadows not following the sun, and
trees lit on the shadow
> side etc, but in general it looks very good :)
>
> Here's a link to one (in a much smaller scale) I made about a year
ago (QTVR) in
> LightWave. It could need some better blending though..
> http://bknilssen.no/pano/pFagertun02Bs.mov
> The pano was shot from a pole about 5-6m tall.
>
> And here is another one (video with pano in pano)
> http://bknilssen.no/video/Vis_Kubetur_qt.html
>
> --
> Bj?rn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

Hey, nice panorama's there!! and some good 3d work too! My only
comment would be on the parasol in the montage, perhaps some bumpmap
and some Ambient occlusion or dirt map could help. The blending is ok
i think, great attention to the reflections! Are they rendered or shopped?

The cubeface printed tent idea is really good, we could build an Olso
tent in Amsterdam and an Amsterdam tent in Olso etc. The World Wide
Tent project.. Could be real good!!
Great animation technique too b.t.w., i actually have a project where
i can use this very well, thanks a million for the inspiration! How
did you get the shadow on the floor between the tents?

As for the trees, they're imagemaps, ill have to look into that! The
grass is from a panorama i shot in park with a big grass field and
used the cube faces with frontal mapping in the renderings, the best
way to go in any render. If you like i can mail you the files. After i
clone out my shadow ofcourse ...

A few months ago i was in Norway visiting a friend (gjovik and Oslo),
such a beautifull country!

regards, Dick Floris www.floris-visualisaties.nl