Sender:ptgroup
Date/Time:2007-Oct-03 15:39:00
Subject:Re: Is there a software to automatically stitch cubic panorama images?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Is there a software to automatically stitch cubic panorama images? ptgroup 2007-Oct-03 15:39:00
Leao:
http://tracks.landais.org/panokml.php

works - took some time to load , but it works.
Ciao
Mike
-------------------------

  From: #removed#
  Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:06:09 +0200

  Leo:

  I only have this one for Google Erth taht uses a couple of images "shot" from the Google Earth screen.

  http://digitalurban.blogspot.com/search/label/Google%20Earth%20Panoramas

  .

  You can download the templates and see how they work.

  I tempered with the template but no better result as the original one.

  As for DC & 6 images: depends on your lens & quality you want.

  I mostly use only 4 shots - but have a N in the bag to use it when needed. But mostly it´

  4 are sufficient.

  Nikon 10 with 6 needs a z or n - shot - the result is better though.

  Ciao

  Mike

  From: #removed#

  Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:48:42 +0200

  Leo,

  it depends : a 8mm on a Crop 1.5/1.6 reqiures 4 images (though 3 might do but lesser quality)

  There are systems with a Nikon FC E8 lens (??) that needs only 2.

  I personally take a Nikon D80 with Sigma 8mm: 4 + n mounted app. 3° up

  or with a Nikon 10.5 : 6 + z mounted app. 3° down

  So you see: it depends on your equipment, there are several pages where you can see how much images are nedded.

  This is a very good one: http://www.vrwave.com/panoramic/photography/lens_database.html

  It doesn´t respond from Germany (my computer doesn´t open the url)- might be a local problem.

  Ciao

  Mike