Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2008-May-22 16:51:00
Subject:Re: ZKM project

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: ZKM project Yuval Levy 2008-May-22 16:51:00
Luis,

lulviz wrote:
> I agree with what Yuv's says: We should give it space and
> time so the majority  expresses an opinion on the subject.

you misquote me. The above is not what I said.

I said we should give ZKM time to make a proper proposal, because as it
stands now it is a clear and loud: NO, WHAT THEY PROPOSED IS ILLEGAL
(assuming consent where there is no).

And: it is not a matter of majority / minority. This is not a collective
decision. Every artist owns copyright to her/his work and can decide on
a case by case basis for every single work.

For example of my WWP contributions,

<http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp1207/html/YuvalLevy.h...>
has already been released under CC BY-NC-SA so that other Google Summer
of Code participants could put it on their websites and even make
derivative work of it. It has been used with Ogre 3D engine and I don't
know what other use it has been put to - I trust the users. And it has
also been published on VRMag, with permission.

On the other hand, the conditions under which I was given permission to
shoot
<http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp306/html/YuvalLevy.ht...>
make me say: NO WAY - that panorama does not quit the WWP server and if
it does it's copyright infringement that will be persecuted to the
maximum extent of the law. The orchestra in the picture holds copyright
for its own image. Here in Qu?bec, without explicit permission, I am not
even allowed to take a picture of somebody.

<http://dsphotographic.com/index.php/2007/05/like-street-photography-forg...>

next time, please quote correctly or don't quote. On some issues I am of
different opinion than you and do not endorse what you wrote next to my
name.

Yuv